Non-Credit Instructor - Information Technology
Job SummaryThe Non-Credit Instructor is responsible for delivering training to a wide variety of audience members for the purposes of building their skill level to secure employment. In person as well as online delivery may be used. A Non-Credit Instructor may also meet with College or company representatives for the purposes of deepening the understanding of skills to be trained and to secure company, occupational or industry specific examples in delivering the training components.
- Delivering and facilitating assigned education training curriculum. This includes classroom instruction, online instruction, and field instruction (as appropriate). Delivery may occur at a customer site, a partner site, work-from-home, or at a college owned or leased location.
- Deliver and facilitate approved safety, technical, and skills curriculum using adult learning delivery methods and classroom visual/audio equipment while effectively managing class time.
- Assists in identifying, planning and implementing learning activities appropriate to student needs.
- Perform active learning lessons as needed or directed for assessing skills needed to perform specific tasks during lab/practical evaluations.
- Conduct refresher training or one-on-one sessions as needed or requested.
- Assist in the maintenance of course materials. Employ appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Conduct student surveys of the education and training experience for the purpose of continuous improvement.
Facilitation & Classroom Support
- Reports to site on time and prepared as directed. Models professional behavior and exceptional customer service, teamwork, and professionalism in all interactions with college employees, students, client company employees, training participants, associated project vendors and community members.
- Keep accurate and appropriate records of attendance and scores in accordance with established college and departmental policies and procedures.
- Handles student concerns with respect; follows guidelines, processes and procedures; and reports any issues to leadership.
- Crafts supplementary learning materials as needed in conjunction with our instructional designer, such as participant manuals, facilitator guides and other learning tools with such materials finalized at least one week prior to first delivery session.
- Possess and maintain the required training certifications and knowledge that enable delivery of assigned content while engaged with Office of Talent Strategy delivery. May be assigned secondary documentation responsibilities as requested by department leadership.
- Adherence to agreed upon deadlines as outlined in the Letter of Agreement.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and inclusion for college employees, students, client company employees, associated project vendors, and members of the community.
- Creates a welcoming, inclusive, equitable and productive work and learning environment where all learners, clients, and college employees feel valued and are able to contribute to their full potential, regardless of their differences.
- Helps to ensure the College meets its responsibilities in identifying problem areas and systemic concerns while reporting complaints alleging discrimination.
- High School diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year of experience
- Demonstrated excellence within an adult learning organization.
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available when starting the application process. For all faculty positions (Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community College, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated information on the status of your application can be found by visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted applications by logging in and reviewing your status.