Intern - Mechanical Design Engineer
Job SummaryJob Description Summary
The MEP at Columbus State Manufacturing Engineering Intern is a short-term position for executing and/or assisting in the gathering, research, and implementation of advanced manufacturing solutions (Machine monitoring / data collection, robotic / machine automation, and business process automation) for various engineering consulting projects. A successful candidate will have a background or interest in manufacturing automation technologies or process engineering. Depending on experience, potential opportunities are available in mechanical automation or design. This position will report directly to the MEP Technical Services team.Process Support
- Standardize internal business processes with direction from technical services team; analyze engineering designs for manufacturability.
Research & Analysis
- Research smart manufacturing technologies and identify use cases; assist in on-going manufacturing consulting engagements (Data collection, Work instruction authoring, presentation creation, etc.); analyze engineering designs for manufacturability.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Contributes to creating a welcoming, inclusive, and productive work environment where employees feel valued and able to contribute to their full potential, regardless of their differences.
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the community.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available when starting the application process. For all faculty positions (Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community College, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated information on the status of your application can be found by visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted applications by logging in and reviewing your status.