Specialist - Student Central
Job SummaryStudent Services Specialists provide customer service to new and continuing students, providing a seamless transition throughout the enrollment process. Student Central Specialists guide students on the Columbus Campus in regard to financial aid, records, registration, student ID cards, Ohio residency for tuition purposes, and all online student services functions. Student Services Specialists generally assist students in-person, but also serve students over the phone, via email, and through chat. Student Services Specialists communicate with other student services areas to facilitate the consistent delivery of information and services; and refer students to other departments and resources as appropriate.
- Works with students throughout the admission and enrollment process. Counsels students regarding financial aid programs; regularly interacts with students and parents and follows up on missing or deficient information in person, by telephone, email, and chat.
- Gathers information from students in order to understand and evaluate individual circumstances; interprets relevant policies, procedures and guidelines to determine best course of action.
- Assists in advising students on issues that will impact their placement, enrollment, financial assistance including the potential effect of changes in their course load, withdrawal from their classes and eligibility for a refund of tuition charges, and adherence to the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards policy and appeal process.
- Provides computer navigation support to students utilizing self-service student portal and other electronic tools. Assist students in self-serve processing of course drop/adds, completing the admission applications, signing up for College sponsored workshops and events, accessing enrollment verifications, making tuition payments, resetting passwords, completing FAFSA applications, master promissory notes, entrance counseling, etc.
- Helps with workshops and explains College admission process, enrollment steps, and ongoing student service requirements.Counsels students on understanding their financial obligations and educating them on how Columbus State Community College, federal, state and third-party resources can provide assistance.
- Participates in the planning, coordination, and implementation of recruitment and advising activities designed to attract and enroll new students.
- Provides comprehensive customer service in a high volume and challenging, fast-paced environment, resolving most issues on the spot and referring student to appropriate department for further assistance as necessary.
- Interprets and responds to student inquiries in-person, via the telephone and electronically regarding admissions, financial aid, registration and general college policies and procedures.
- Facilitates engaging presentations, first semester course recommendations, financial aid support, and general support to new students and their families. Provides information on course selection, prerequisite authorizations and other permissions needed for student registrations.
- Provides guidance on department and campus processes.
- Tracks all activities, evaluates their effectiveness, and recommends outreach changes and improvements. General duties which may include scanning documents; distributing and processing of mail; updating and ordering admissions/registration publications/forms and various office supplies.
- Maintainconfidentialityofstudentrecordsand otherinformation.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Ongoing
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the community.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years' progressively responsible clerical experience in the area of the assigned specialized function.
Additional License Requirements:
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available when starting the application process. For all faculty positions (Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community College, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated information on the status of your application can be found by visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted applications by logging in and reviewing your status.