Senior Global Category Manager - Energy
Who We Are
Johns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial roofing, along with glass fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy.
A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we serve customers in more than 80 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive. We are passionate, we care about people, we perform at a superior level, and we protect others and our environments.
Pay Range$116,500.00-$174,700.00 Annual
This is the base salary pay range that an applicant can expect to make upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for an incentive bonus.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Global Category Manager - Energy to lead our organization's energy management efforts with a strong focus on natural gas and electricity procurement, as well as renewable energy initiatives such as Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), solar projects, and Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (VPPAs). As a key member of our team, you will play a crucial role in shaping our energy strategy, optimizing our energy portfolio, and advancing our commitment to sustainability and carbon reduction targets. The Global Energy Manager is responsible for Energy Forecasting, Energy liaison with Energy Advisor.
This position is based out of our Denver, CO location and is eligible for our hybrid schedule which is 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.
- Energy Procurement and Risk Management:
- Develop and execute comprehensive global energy procurement strategies for ~$300M natural gas and electricity and industrial gases, ensuring supply reliability and cost-effectiveness.
- Monitor and analyze energy markets, regulatory changes, and geopolitical factors to identify opportunities and mitigate risks related to energy prices and supply.
- Prepare and manage energy forecast for Annual Operating Plan.
- Provide monthly forecast of energy prices to JM business units.
- Track hedge performance and delivery of financial information and reporting to the business units with assistance from energy advisor.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Develop and manage relationship with key suppliers, strategic partners, and internal decision makers, including utilities, energy suppliers, renewable energy developers, regulatory bodies, and industry associations.
- Provide timely updates to JM’s business units.
- Represent the organization in industry events and conferences related to energy management and renewable energy topics.
- Align with Legal on regulatory compliance related to energy management.
- Manage relationship with Energy Advisor responsible for:
- Developing JM global energy strategy.
- Manage and analyze metrics for energy reports including early warning, transfer, and actual prices, cost/price, environmental reports, etc.
- Providing monthly accruals, forecast, and annual AOP pricing for Nat Gas and Power in North America.
- Plant energy nominations, balancing usage and supply on pipeline and utility systems, invoice and billing reconciliation and payment processes.
- Provides necessary information to accounting to analyze and reconcile the gas bank on the General Ledger; audit and manage inconsistencies, adjustments, and corrections to the ledger.
- Tracking payment and reconciliation of invoices, credits, and refunds.
- Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (VPPAs):
- Identify and negotiate PPA and VPPA opportunities with renewable energy developers and providers, ensuring competitive terms and favorable financial structures.
- Collaborate with legal and finance teams to review and finalize PPA and VPPA contracts, ensuring compliance with company policies and local regulations.
- Conduct and present to the leadership team, financial, and technical analysis of energy renewables options.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Engineering, Environmental Science, Business, or a related discipline.
- At least 12 years of experience 8 of which in energy management, with a strong focus on natural gas, electricity, and renewable energy.
- Proven track record in successfully negotiating and executing large-scale Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (VPPAs).
- Deep understanding of global energy markets, regulatory environments, and emerging trends in renewable energy technologies.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills to assess energy procurement and renewable energy investment opportunities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in managing cross-functional teams and leading energy-related projects on a global scale.
- Relevant certifications, such as Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Certified Renewable Energy Professional (REP), are a plus.
- Moderate travel required.
- Work environment is typical of an office setting.
Please Keep in Mind
If you do not meet 100% of these requirements, we at JM still want to hear from you. So, if you are interested in the role, we encourage you to apply so we can learn how your skills and talents can contribute to our team.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities. Our D&I council is composed of employees from locations across North American & Europe who meet regularly and work to promote and foster an environment of inclusion. Born from our D&I council is our network of employee resource groups (ERGs) that are focused on supporting diverse communities in the workplace. Review more about our diversity & inclusion initiatives on JM’s Career page.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.