Operations Engineer (Grand Rapids, MI, US)
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for an Operations Engineer within our Engineering team to help support our Work Furniture business. Did you know we have been revolutionizing the sleep industry since 1883? That’s right! In fact, we hold the original patent on a spiral steel coil bed spring, filed way back in 1885. Since then, we have been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As an Operations Engineer you will have the opportunity to lead the continuous improvement initiatives designed to eliminate non-value-added activities while improving operations excellence at the branch with an emphasis on shop floor layout, standardized process and work, and labor efficiency improvement. The team you will be working with is close knit and collaborative.
So, what will you be doing as an Operations Engineer
- Drive process improvement initiatives across the facility and help to identify future opportunity.
- Create CI scorecard to discipline, decision making, and reporting
- Utilize problem solving tools to identify and eliminate waste (value stream mapping,)
- Create standardized processes, standardized work, and training materials
- Provide operational support to drive improvement efforts where needed
- Create and implement shop floor improvement strategy and execute actions to improve branch KPI metrics
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend the capital equipment, tooling and fixtures required to improve the manufacturing process and write the necessary justification for approval of funds to implement the project.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- 3- 5 years’ experience as an engineer in a manufacturing setting
- 3-5 years Lean Manufacturing experience
- Progressive experience in manufacturing analysis and optimization
- Experience managing and driving projects
- Exception analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills and use of tools
- Superb collaboration and communication abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong MS office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Things we consider a plus:
- Experience with project management software a plus
- BS Engineering
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com