Brand Experience & Marketing Communications Specialist
Why Work for OGC?
The Brand Experience & Marketing Communications Specialist (BEMCS) is the content strategist and lead creator. The BEMCS leverages digital channels, storytelling, and in-person events to promote and educate customers about OGC, with a consistent voice for our brand and our community.
Join our team to earn:
- Full-time: hybrid schedule with at least 3 onsite days in our Portland facility
- Pay: $60K – 70K annual salary (DOE)
- Comprehensive and generous healthcare benefits for you and your family on the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- Paid time off & Paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Annual Profit Share
- Discount on organic produce
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Acts as a produce expert and primary liaison to OGC Buyers, the Senior Sales Manager and Account Representatives.
- Manages the development of any grower only facing assets.
- Creates and maintains the editorial calendar for written and creative content.
- Collaborates with coworkers and suppliers to produce dynamic digital content including photos, videos, field reporting, and on-farm photography.
- Writes and edits content and visuals for e-newsletters, blogs, sales materials, flash sales, weekly pricing sheets, website, and social media.
- Manages website creative and content updates.
- Manages and grows OGC’s social communities on social channels and tracks and reports on analytics using Hootsuite.
- Contributes to Social Media Strategy and Annual Plan with VP and Communications Manager.
- Manages customer-facing events, farm tours, trade shows, and demos, collaborating with Sales leadership to align on vision, strategy, and goals.
- Supports staging of SFAPPT gatherings and coworker events that involve products or tastings.
- Manages promotion of the Farm to School fruit program, working with sales/sourcing and customers to expand the program.
- Manages and coordinates Tomato War/ Harvest Party.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 4-6+ years of copywriting, digital and social media writing; food/agriculture writing experience preferred, and a true passion for brand and educational storytelling.
- Experience managing social media channels, including capturing, and formatting photos and using several social media management platforms.
- Experience with social media management dashboards and knowledge of social media best practices.
- Creative project management and event planning and organization, including creative visioning and collaboration with a team on execution to deliver on strategic goals within scope, budget, and timeline.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills and familiarity with basic proofreading marks.
- Has an eye for appropriate language and references regarding food/ag trends and issues within the industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of content management systems.
- Able to work within SEO framework; demonstrated success using optimization to harness organic search.
- Excellent team player who thrives brainstorming in groups and appreciates working collaboratively and independently.
- Must be flexible and able to meet a varying work schedule of a 24/7 operation. May be called in outside of regularly scheduled hours.
It’s incredible if you bring:
- Organic produce knowledge
This position requires the ability to sit, hear, and converse over the telephone in person and on a computer. Requires the ability to receive and disseminate information to maintain and enhance relationships accurately. Requires ability to travel and occasional overnight travel. Standing, stooping, and bending required. Ability to meet the above description of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
OGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Organically Grown Company (OGC), we are not only proud to an Equal Employment Opportunity --- we celebrate and thrive on the benefit our diverse workforce brings to our employees, customers, and community. OGC encourages individual differences and makes all employment decision based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender identity, LGBT/ sexual orientation, veteran’s status, physical, mental or sensory disability, age, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status or any other applicable characteristics that makes you YOU! OGC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. OGC also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.